Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My grandmother gave me this poem a while ago and I thought I'd share it with my fellow Junior League of Columbia members.
The Sculptor
I took a piece of plastic clay
And idly fashioned it one day,
And as my fingers pressed it, still
It bent and yielded to my will.
I came again, when days were passed,
The bit of clay was hard at last,
The form I gave it, still it bore,
But I could change that form no more.
Then I took a piece of living clay
And gently formed it, day by day
And molded with my power and art,
A young child’s soft and yielding heart.
I came again when years were gone,
It was a man I looked upon.
He still that early impress bore,
And I could change it, nevermore.
~Author Unknown
As the League enters the second half of the year, it’s a fitting reminder of the impact our Healthy Children focus has on the community. So…serve a shift, donate to Clean Sweep, sponsor a new member and stay active within the League. We all have the ability to be sculptors within the JLC.

Post by: Meredith Waldrop

No comments:

Post a Comment