Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Remarkable Woman Spotlight: Sustainer Pamela Pope


Each month, we are highlighting a "Remarkable Woman" in the Junior League of Columbia. We kick off this series with one of our Sustainers, Pamela Pope. Pamela is the current Sustainer Representative for the Board, and a past President of the Junior League of Columbia. Originally from Columbia, she is married to Joe Pope and has two children, Pamela Ann (9) and Joseph (11). Pamela teaches Latin in the middle school at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School, where she has been for 20 years.

What was your most favorite placement in the Junior League?  
During my active years, being Provisional Chair and Membership VP were probably my favorites.  Being President was hard work, but incredibly rewarding.

How many years of service do you have with the league? 
I think 21 years.

What’s your favorite childhood memory?  
One favorite memory would be adventurous car rides with my family to wherever my mom had planned.

When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?  
I wanted to be a teacher.

What are your hobbies? 
I enjoy walking my dogs, reading, traveling with my  family to the beach and mountains.

What is something important life has taught you?  
It is important to always have a goal to work towards. When you work hard and persevere, the rewards and personal growth can be tremendous.

Whom do you most admire or has been a role model for you?  
My mother, Pam Reed, has been a remarkable role model to me. She has taught me the importance of family, of community, and of giving of your self and back to others on a daily basis.

How do you think the JLC has changed most since you joined as a member?  
The friendships that I have formed over the years through my placements have been wonderful. The leadership opportunities and training through the JLC have been incredible, and I have been able to apply my knowledge from these experiences in other community volunteerism, my teaching, and my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment